Donnerstag, 3. September 2009

Well, here we go!

I decided to write a journal. Or a blog. I suppose that's what people call these things nowadays.

Why did I use cooking playwright as my name? Well, I basically just want to write down a ton of easy-to-do recipes for people who hate cooking or just don't have the time. Along with all of these recipes I might also write about my process of playwriting. With the risk of being completely vane and self-indulgent, I do find it helpful to write down what obsticles I have to over come and find out why I might have some type of writers block. Right now I am working on a big play called "Heart Failure". I started writing it about two years ago while I was still in College. It was once performed at a playfestival, but it was or still is a work in progress. We will see where it will go.

Anywho, let me get back to the fun part. Cooking. It would be wonderful to get some ideas from people about what they would really love to be able to cook. I could try to conjure it up for you and then post the recipe and process on the blog.
Of course I will also put some other recipes on here as well. The first one is.....


PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP AND GOATSCHEESE

It is yummie, it is easy, it is heartwarming, it is a complete crowd pleaser.

You will need for about 4-6 people

1lbd Spaghetti (Whole Wheat or normal Spaghetti works fine)
Salt
Olive Oil
1 small Zucchini
2 Shallots
2 Cloves or garlic, peeled
1 red pepper
2-3 Tomatoes
1/2 lbd of frozen peeled shrimp
1/4 cup soft goatscheese
Salt
Pepper
Rosmary
Chili

Fill a large pot up with water (obviously not all the way, about 3/4 full, maybe even a little less) and put in about 2-3tblsp of Salt. Put the pot on the stove and let it SLOWLY get to a boil...so low to medium heat is fine add some Olive oil the the water as well.
While the water is warming up, chop up all the vegetables into small cubes. In a pan pour about 1tblsp of olive oil. Turn stove to about medium heat. When the oil is warmish put in the Shallots and garlic. Sauté until they are slightly glassy, i.e transluscent. Add the Zucchini and Red pepper. Take the shrimp and put them in a bowl. Let really hot water from the tap run over them so that they are slightly thawed. Put aside. Your water should be boiling now. Throw in the spaghetti and push them down and stir them around so that they don't stick. Go back to the pan. Throw in the tomatoes and Shrimp. Once the shrimp are cooked (they should turn from grey to a nice pinkish color. Almost like a Flamingo) Test the Spaghetti. If you think they are done, pour them into a colander and throw them into a nice large bowl. Add the goatcheese to the Shrimp and Vegetables and let them all melt into each other. Season with Salt, Pepper, Rosemary and Chili to taste (only if you like it spicy). Toss the shrimp and vegetables onto the spaghetti, garnish with some Basil leaves if you want and SERVE!!!!

YUM YUM YUM!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen